A trade name differentiates one business from another. It also reflects the nature and the form of the business.
The following are some criteria for DED to approve your trade name:
- must not violate the public morals or the public order of the country
- must be followed by the legal form of the company, for example (LLC, EST, PJSC, PrJSC)
- must not have been previously registered
- must be compatible with the required type of activity and the legal status of the company or business entity
- should not contain names of any religion, or governing authority, nor names or logos of any external bodies.
Trade names are subject to cancellation at the end of booking period. The company will have to change its name into another by special resolution but this should not affect its rights and obligations.